SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

gland removal 580c outrigger cylinder

bill ganley Hi AJ can't seem to be able to loosen the gland on the outrigger cylinderr broke the pin on my gland removal tool and used a 3 foot pipe wrench with a 4 foot cheeter pipe and it won't budge, also tried a large hammer and a punch, no luck any ideas?
Bill Ganley

AJ I have come across the odd one that someone put thread lock on and have had the trouble you are having,the peg spanner leaves a lot to be desired,I've have used a 36" pipe wrench,I know you have done other cylinders and will have removed the grub screw,the cylinder is best left on the machine to hold it solid,wrap some duck tape around the rod to protect it,usually if you get a grip with the pipe wrench and have it so you are pulling down you will shift it,its a brute force thing.
AJ

bill ganley thanks aj what about using heat
AJ Have done that too does not seem to do any harm and as you will be replacing all the seals go for it if you have to.
AJ

bill ganley thanks aj
Lee Like Bill said, use a plumbing torch to heat the outside then give it a good whack.
That worked on my case 1737.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: