SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 850b crawler

Nassau Bill AJ,
on our 850B crawler, it doesnt want to move, feels like a resticted flow, it will engage forward and reverse, but locks up, we have changed the pressure pump to torque converter but same results, our next test is pressure tests, i have the service manual so i know the specs, just any advice would be great ?

AJ Have a look with the engine running if the drive shaft is spinning,both in and out of gear,if the shaft is stopping the issue is in the torque,if it does not stop the tranny could have a fault,check all the filters for metal,check the machine will move,the brakes are free etc.
AJ

Nassau Bill You are correct, the driveshaft stops when forward and reverse are engaged, but feels like it wants to move but doesn't, we serviced all fiters and all are very clean, so we are removing torque converter, to get it repaired will be another story, thanks AJ !!!!
AJ Could be anything from a blown gasket to a sheared spline in the turbine,nosing about on ebay there are lots of new TC's and parts for the 850's,the link below might work.
AJ
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Case+850B+torque+converter&_sacat=0&_from=R40

NASSAU BILL Thank you AJ, installing a new torque converter as soon as we receive it, i will keep you posted, thanks for your help, your the man !!!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: