SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 580k series II front pump leaking

glm case 580k series II front pump leaking when digging. Was a slow leak a couple of years ago now I need to fix it. Question can the pump be rebuilt or do I need a new one. How hard is it to align. Looks like a lot of work to get it out anything to watch for?

do I need to drain the fluid from the tank?

AJ If its the input shaft seal that's leaking that seal can be replaced without dismantling the pump but it has to come off,its best to drain the oil,the pump comes off fairly easy,take the guard off from in front of it,disconnect the high pressure hoses,remove the ring of bolts holding the adapter plate for the suction/feed hose to the frame/reservoir,there is a washable strainer there that should be cleaned from time to time,the adapter comes off attached to the pump,remove the four pump retaining bolts from the pump mounting flange and pull out,it can sometimes be stuck on the spline,clean around the input shaft and prise out the leaking seal and tap the new one in,cleanliness is the key,the pump does not require lining up its the mounting bracket it bolts to that requires alignment you will not be removing it so no worry about alignment,if you do need a pump look on ebay.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: