SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 backhoe/loader

eric bowen have a 1976 case backhoe/loader that wont go into reverse. all other gears work fine. this problem just started, reverse was working fine. any help will be greatly appreciated.
AJ Below the left hand door on the chassis for the PIN,starter motor area for the engine.
AJ

AJ What model,is it a B or a C,have you got a power shuttle,is it how you can't get the lever to reverse position or you can and have no drive?
AJ

eric bowen it's a 580 c won't go into reverse makes a grinding noise when i try
AJ Sorry if I confused the issue but my first reply was a mistake it was meant for the guy that asked where the serial # was on his 480E LL. So you got a 580C with a mechanical two speed shuttle, ok in forward but will not select reverse,that sounds like the reverse side the F/R synchronizer hub has chewed its teeth up,could also be a bearing collapsed,you will have to remove it to work on it.
AJ

Glenn Howland I need some assistance with my 580. I have a 2001 580 that won't drive in either direction when it encounters a hole. I was going to use the backhoe to recover some sand on a beach at low tide. When I attempted to back down the beach the rear wheels sunk in the sand and the tractor would not move any further. When I attempted to drive forward the tractor didn't do anything. It was in 4WD. If I pushed down with the bucket the front wheels would turn but they stopped as soon they touched the ground. It drove fine from the garage to the beach but I suspect the brakes are hanging up. Any advice?
AJ You need to post the model,2001 is it a 580SL.is it power shift or four speed manual,has the transmission enough oil in it,you suspect the brakes,have you lifted it up to see if the wheels are free to turn by hand when the brakes are off,the most likely thing that caused the L's to lose drive was one of the two snap rings that hold the modulation valve centered in the F/R control valve has broken,you need someone that is familiar with those machines to have a look at it for you.
AJ

dallas udovch 1972 case 580ck changed filter added new fluid tranny does not biuld pressure and does not move, the fluid leaks out eventually
AJ You guys should have started your own threads as now we are jumping from one model to another,one problem to another, dallas udovch you first need to find the leak and repair it,fill it with oil and try again.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: