SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 480 ll forward and reverse problem!

saugie i'm new to tractors but a decent mechanic. anyhow, purchased a case 480ll. i ran it for about 3 days doing some light grading on my property and everything worked great. it sat for about a week and i decided to get started on some maint. so i changed all of the fuel filters and started it up. engine is running perfect but now it has almost no power in forward or reverse. all the hydrolics seem to have full power and work perfect still. it is engaging in gear properly i believe. but it feels like maybe the torque converter is not doing its job or???? it will go forward or reverse slightly but if there is even a slight grade it will not make it up. any ideas? like i said it seemed to all be working properly a week ago.
AJ First check the shuttle fluid level,(Case TCH or a generic Hy-Trans)the dipstick/filler is in the starter motor area,secure the machine,put the transmission in fourth gear,the shuttle in neutral,start the engine,on low idle check the fluid,top up as required,if that's ok check the clutch cutout switch on the floor and on the levers,if either of those switches stay closed they cause the solenoid to hold a valve open so the clutch is disengaged,the clutch cutout solenoid is mounted on the side of the shuttle unit,it looks a coke can on its side,go in front of the left back wheel and look up you will see the solenoid on the left of the unit,that solenoid has a two wire pigtail if you still got no drive disconnect the plug and see if drive comes back,if so there is electrical issue,if not a pressure test is in order.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: