SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

CASE 580 BRAKE PROBLEM

PHILIP Hi,
took my housing off,and found oil seepage, tried taking the bearing plate off,and pryed on it from every angle,it wont pop loose. i can turn it,so i know all the bolts are out,is there a snap ring or something close to the gear shaft coming out? or something im missing???? i have a gap approx. 1/4-1/2" around the shaft to the beggining of the plate,not sure if thats where the seal sits??? maybe the seal is completely gone? i dont know. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks alot.

AJ What model is your machine,the 1988 580K had wet brakes and would not have any seal there,the models before that with dry brakes did have a seal that fitted around the shaft from the outside in so there would be no need to take the bearing carrier off,just pick out the old seal and tap in the new one with a piece of pipe,having said that the carrier should pull straight off,there is no clip.
AJ

Philip mines a 70ish model,not totally positive of the year,however its a 580 ck b model. and has dry setup. i tried looking for piece of the seal around the shaft,and couldnt find anything. so it must be completely gone then??? sorry it took a few days to return a message,just got back home from the dover nascar race.thanks for your help./
AJ A 580CK bearing carrier is held in place by the housing bolts,it even has counter sunk screw/s to hold it on while the brakes are been serviced,it would be my guess that some sort of make do repair has been carried out and the two piece tapered cone bearing has been replaced by a single piece bearing and that is why it will not come off,that type bearing would be a press fit on to the diff out put shaft and into the bearing carrier,if you Google Case CE on-parts catalog you can look up the parts for your machine,if you had no whine or slop try a new seal and see how it goes.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: