SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 580 M

Randy Stevens Was just starting to back up after pushing some bushes out of the ground. Machine just quit moving lost forward and reverse shuttle at the same time. Everything else working fine. Any Ideas?
AJ First off check none of the clutch cutout buttons have stuck in the disengage position,then check the fuses,look in your handbook and find the shuttle timer relay on the board,see it is tight and making contact,if all that checks out get under the machine,on top of the transmission there are two solenoids,hold them with your finger tips and have a second person to move the F/R lever,you should feel the solenoids jump,if they do it indicates the electrical side is ok and the trouble is inside the control valve,there is a cir clip that breaks on the moudulator valve,if it breaks drive is lost,there are two clips,one each end,replace the two if you have to go in there,Case sell a repair kit,if the solenoids do not jump the fault can be electrical,fuse,timer,F/R switch,clutch cutout,to access the valve to work on it remove the floor mat and the plate in front of the seat.
AJ

Randy I did check the shuttle relay first. It seems to be tight and cleaned contacts. I also notice there is a shuttle forward relay and a shuttle reverse relay. I can not feel these kicking in when I move the lever from neutral to forward or reverse. It would be kind of strange though for both of these to go bad at same time wouldn't it? I will check solenoids this week end and control valve. Will let you know.

Thank you very much for your help.

AJ Doubt if two relays would fail at once,if one of the clutch cutout buttons were stuck down it could cause no drive,the timer too will do the same,establish that the solenoids on the transmission are/not pulsing when the lever is moved,if they are its the valve if not its electrical.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: