SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580C hydraulic oil filter location

Larry Morgan I am trying to help with a 580C issue at a youth camp. This is an old and very tired 580C. The backhoe is weak in all methods of operation. The hydraulic fluid was changed but still weak. Where is the filter located for the hydraulics? Thank you in advance for any advice or help in this matter.

Larry Morgan

AJ
Re: 580C hydraulic oil filter location

The filter is located on the return line between the two reservoirs,see the picture,I doubt if the filter is the cause of no power as it is on the return line and has a bypass valve in case it does block,a worn pump is more likely or an issue with the main regulator valve,the filter of course should be clean and changed every time the machine is serviced,the Case number for the filter and o'ring is D75831 or a Napa Fil 1760.
Good luck
AJ

Larry Morgan Thank You AJ for the picture and the quick response. Your knowledge really helps us solve problems. I think you are correct the pump is worn so may just have to limp along with it as is. Thank You again! Larry

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: