SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 440 skid steer loader

kelly reed why when i go to release the parking break switch to operate machine it blows the interlock/inst panel fuse and dies?? i really need help with this one my machine is stuck miles away from home and i loosing money for my family plz help. thank you
AJ I am not familiar with your skid steer,what I would check first is remove the plug from the interlock solenoid and see if it blows the fuse when you switch off the brake,if it does there is a problem in the wiring between the switch and plug,it may be grounding out on the frame,if it does not blow the fuse the problem is in the solenoid,do not try to move the machine when doing this test.
Sorry I can't be of more help but we don't have much to do with skid steers.
AJ

Deewight Generally it is the interlock coil on the boom spool in loader valve. It will be drawing too much amperage and blowing fuse as soon as you pull the safety lever down. Put a new fuse in it. Start machine. Do not put safety lever down. Pull up on red strap by your right hip by the seat. This will allow the loader lift lever to actuate the lift circuit. Put safety strap in. Tilt the cab. Then you can either replace or modify the boom lock out solenoid. Send me an email and I will tell you how to eliminate the lock out solenoid.
walkerpd@sympatico.ca

jane i need help we have a case 440 series 3 skid steer and someone accidentally put 10 gal of diesel fuel in the hydraulic fluid fill instead of the fuel fill, we can not locate the drain for the hydraulic fluid so we can drain it out, it has not been started at all, anyone?? if you can show us or tell us where it is would be grateful, manual says where but nothing looks like what it says or shows a photo of where it is located, thanks

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: