SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580E Case backhoe

Rowdy Muir My 580 E case backhoe will not go forward when the shuttle is shifted to forward. It goes backwards fine. A month ago it wouldnt go backward when the shuttle was in reverse. Is this an electrical problem with the shuttle or is the transmission screen plugged or is the transmission going out?
AJ The cutout clutch is electrical operated,secure the machine and go underneath,on the left side of the shuttle you will see what looks like a coke can mounted on it's side on the side of the shuttle,that is the solenoid that operates the clutch cutout,the solenoid has two wires attached to it with a pig tail,disconnect the plug,that will eliminate any electrical problem there may be in the wiring or switch,test the drive,if its still not driving check that the linkage is moving the control valve,the control valve is inside the solenoid,if the linkage is ok it would be my guess that there is a problem in the forward clutch,a pressure test is needed at this point to establish what is wrong,the fluid should be at the correct level and the strainer should be clean.
AJ

Tim Polky I have a case 580E Super E backhoe S/N 17046280.
Can you tell me what the year is.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: