SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 1835c

Jeff Harpenau My case 1835C skid loader will start and then stop running within the first 2 seconds. I have replaced the lift pump, and checked the return line.

It is a TMD20 diesel engine.

any idea on what would be causing the engine to stop?

AJ First thing to check is the tank vent,next check that the fuel can flow freely from the tank,then check the supply line to the feed pump is not blocked or drawing air,then see that the fuel filter is clean and allowing the fuel to pass through,then check the pump inlet filter screen,if all that checks ok take the return pipe off the top of the pump housing,use a piece of hose to fit over the nipple,put the other end in a container and switch on,there should be a good continuous flow of fuel,if there is the pump may have an issue,99% of fuel related trouble is caused by the fuel been restricted leaving the tank.
Good luck
AJ

Jeff harpena Thanks Al. It gives me a couple more thugs to check.

I have already checked the fuel line, return line, and replaced a very dirty fuel filter. I drained the fuel and put in new.

Is there an inline filter on the line going into the fuel injection pump? I have also seen posts on other machines about a fuel shut off switch, does the 1835c TMD20 have one?

Thanks again!
J

Jeff Harpenau Checked the afore mentioned. Did not find an inline filter on the inlet to either pump.

Seems to me that this is electrical. The last tests, I realized tat the engine did not get to full throttle. Pretty much shuts off when the key returns to the run position. I restarted it right away after it quit... At least 5 times....started right up. also noticed that the lift pump never stopped when the engine quit.

Is there a switch of some kind on the top of the pump where the wire from the key and to the lift pump attach? I do not see any details on this in my manual....

AJ Now it looks like you got something different than the standard C,the throttle is just a rod and lever on the standard C,if the stop or throttle has been changed to electric it appears that it is only working while the engine is been cranked over and when the key is let go it stops,look and see if there is a solenoid,some solenoids have two coils,one to pull the plunger and another to hold it there,establish where the run position is and jam the throttle there and start the engine,if it keeps going you will know its not the fuel and come back.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: