SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1958 Case 400 - No Start

Brett
1958 Case 400 - No Start

I recently purchased a 1958 Case 400 and it has been running ok although not as easy to start as the 62 440 I also own.

Yesterday I went to move it and it would not start. It cranks, it has spark, and it has air, but no go. So I'm thinking either fuel or compression...most likely fuel.

Noticed that when I pull the choke the carb leaks from the bottom as shown in the picture. Any thoughts? I'm 32 years old and don't have much experience with carbs.

Thanks!

Brett
Re: 1958 Case 400 - No Start

A picture of the two old girls. The 58 has a blower on it for the winter and the 62 will have a loader soon and bale spike to feed the horses.

jean claude marleau If you cannot get your carburator going for the 400B or fix I do have a good used one for sale. jc

yt55 Please send me an email with the details. Picture, price, etc.

brettmoffett@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Brett

jim my 1845 skid steer starts fine but when you turn loose of the key it dies.any ideas?
m

Randy Stevens I was moving a little dirt around and just went to back up. Moved about 4 or 5 feet and quit. Tractor runs fine all hydrolics work fine just have no forward or reverse shuttle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce0777 Hello , Mine was doing the same thing a couple weeks ago. It was trash getting into the carb and needle valve causing it to let to much gas by and it really comes out the end of the carb where your breather tube hooks uo the the card and follows down to the bottom of the carb where you put your arrow is where it shows up. I cleaned my gas tank as good as I could and settling bowl then I took apart the carb cleaned it and when I finished I turned the gas back on it the carb did not leak for 5 full minutes then it started as you said drip drip. So I turned the gas off under gas tank and started the motor. I let it run for 20 to 30 seconds with the gas off, then I turned the gas back on and it never leaked again. It is a simply case of the bowl over filling from the needle valve not being able to close and shut off the gas so the bowl keeps filling and ends up going outside of the carb end. You might want to take a flash light and look down into your gas tas to see how much rust and junk is in it. I got almost a half a tee cup of rust and junk out of mine. I want to add a second new type filter to stop any future rust from getting into carb.....Hope this helps Bruce North Carolina

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: