SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

606 international tractor hydraulic problem

Terry Hydraulics only work properly if the steering is turned all the way to stop.
Dose anyone know anything about a flow divider valve on the steering?
With out turning the wheel all the way one way I only have full pressure at an idle.
When I do turn the wheel all the way the hydraulics seem to work fine giving me full pressure at any rpm.

AJ I'm not into ag tractors,I had a look at the online parts drawing of the flow divider valve,by what you are saying the pressure for the lift is passing through the divider valve and into the steering valve,it is passing through the steering valve and back to the reservoir till you turn the wheels against the stop,this blocks the oil from escaping and the lift works,there is a few things in the divider valve that could cause that to happen,the valve could be stuck open,the spring could be broke,the o'ring on the piston could be blown,you can have a look at the parts list online site at the link below.
http://www1.caseih.com/northamerica/PartsService/Pages/search.aspx
AJ

Terry I checked the flow divider valve and the main relief valve.
Seems the Divider Valve may be missing the o rings.
However I can't tell where they would go.
It haves two or 3 channels inside the housing and some of them look like they are ports.
However none of them have a o ring in place.
If its the same as the main relief under the seat it had a square cut o ring set into the housing not on the valve itself.
Do you have a good breakdown of flow divider.
CNH website dosn't show any of those o rings.
Thanks for all your help so far.
Hopefully this is the problem.
Also Thanks AJ for the help on the 580k last year its up and still running strong.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: