SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

W14 Case Front Loader brakes

John Webb I am having a problem with the air releasing from the brakes on the W14. I've done everything and replaced everything, and the brakes are not working properly.

john

AJ I don't understand what you mean by the air releasing from the brakes,do you mean the air is leaking,is the compressor building up normally,tell us the actual problem you are having,as far as I remember about them they had air over hydraulic drum brakes with a transmission parking/emergency brake.
AJ

John Webb AJ, Sorry I took so long to get back to you, but I tried something else and it didn't change the problem. There is 110lbs in the air reservoir, the governor and compressor has been rebuilt. The treadles (Bendix E90s) have been replaced twice and rebuilt last year. The brake shuttle is completely new and there are no air leaks, but when I depress the pedal slowly the air comes out the bottom of whichever brake pedal I push on. If I do it in short bursts it still brings the needle into the red zone after I hit the brakes six times lightly, it looses air out of the bottom of the treadle. If I push the brake hard, it isn't hard, it goes all the way down and dumps the air out of the treadle.
The W-14 stops if I hit the brakes once, but if I'm trying to come down off a 30% ramp off a flat bed trailer and feathering it down is when I lose my air out of the bottom of the treadle before I get off the flatbed. Everyone I've talked to from mechanics to the people that rebuilt the compressor in Oregon, tell me that there should be a hard pedal when I apply the brake and no air should come out until I release it.
John

paul i have a W14 case loader,i have air pressure to the pedal and pressure coming out from the valve but nothing to the master

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: