SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Shuttle oil working it's way out of vent ...580C Hoe

Pelchat Hello..
I have a problem that I suspect no one has ever heard of before as has been the "case" with this hoe numerous times during the past 25 years...:(
...the problem; when I park the hoe for extended periods, shuttle oil somehow works it's way up and out the top vent...before I realized this was occurring, it would drain the shuttle low enough to cause clutch plate slippage and of course instant burning...meaning I had to remove,tear down,and replace smoked pressure plates inside shuttle ($$$$)...it takes seconds of low oil supply to do your shuttle in so watch the oil level always...
anyways, I decided to extend the vent fitting vertically about 4 feet using a hydraulic hose...and of course, oil worked it's way up the hose and out vent...somehow pressure is building inside shuttle sitting parked for weeks...as temperatures increase outside, the oil leaking out increases...Case reps are at a loss to figure this out as well... as soon as I start hoe, I usually add a liter or so to get oil back on dipstick... when I run hoe, everything is fine... nothing running out.. I'm thinking of installing a container to capture oil that will bleed back into shuttle once I start unit back up... any ideas...

Thanks

Deewight Do you have the oil eruption kit described on the Case parts site for the early 580C?
AJ
Re: Shuttle oil working it's way out of vent ...580C Hoe

There is some plumbing outside of the shuttle,have a look at the drawing,the hexagon piece contains a poppet valve,if it sticks the fluid will come out the breather,remove the hexagon piece and then take it apart,it's got a ball and spring,we usually used to replace the whole valve.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: