SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

CASE loader All four brakes locking

Tim M. I have a CASE W11B
All four brakes are locking up. I have replaced the mastercylinder and bled the lines.
Any other suggestions on what could be causing all four brakes to lock up?
Thank you,
Tim M.

AJ It would be my guess that the brake booster (actuator) has an issue,after making sure the pedal,linkage and the plunger going into the actuator are not sticking with the engine stopped open one of the bleed nipples,attach some clear hose long enough to reach above the fluid level in the reservoir so it will not gravity out,start the engine and watch the fluid in the hose,if it starts to rise it means that the actuator is appling the brake without you pressing the pedal,you will need to remove the actuator and fit a repair kit.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: