SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 2294 tractor - Differential Lock Valve Assembly

Jim Please if someone knows where the Differential Lock Valve Assembly is located on a Case 2294 with cab, I would appreciate your help. There is suppose to be one according to the parts diagram(coil), but I have looked everywhere and cannot find it or extra lever in cab.

I do not have a dealer and have been ordering parts (3) states away.

AJ I'm not into ag tractors but I am nosey and had a look at the online parts drawing,from what I make out of the drawing the diff lock is hydraulically operated by a solnoid valve,the switch to operate the diff lock is foot operated,it is located beside the brake pedals,to operate the diff lock you would stop press the pedal and hold it down while its needed then take you foot off,nearly all diff locks are foot operated and spring loaded to disengage,if you are looking for the parts on the online site look under the brakes section.
AJ

Jim AJ - Thank you for your follow up. I am just looking at everything - the tractor will shift into reverse but feels like the right rear brake is holding it back from moving. It did it a few months ago but broke free and worked ok until I had to take time off for surgery.

I have lube all gearshift linkage and cables. Tractor has all forward gears but no reverse.

AJ As I said I am not familiar with ag tractors but I think you need to check out the brake on that side,get the wheel off the ground,start the engine and with the drive in neutral check if the wheel can be turned by hand,there is a two plunger valve shown in the parts drawing under the pedals,if the pedals or plungers were sticking it would cause the brake to be on.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: