SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 4230 brakes

paul mallon ive got very bad brakes on my 4wd 4230 ,1995
seems like they need bleeding but dont know how?

AJ
Re: case 4230 brakes

As I'm not into ag tractors I had a look at the parts drawing to see what you got,you got hydraulic disc brakes that uses the tractor hydraulic oil system to supply the brake reservoir with fluid,ie the reservoir is sealed and kept filled up by the hydraulic oil,there are two master cylinders,one for each side,there is a bleed nipple for each side in the top frame cover,see the drawing,to bleed the brake start the engine,open the nipple for each side in turn and bleed each side,the usual thing that happens with that type brake is the pistons do not return fully in the master cylinders even though the pedals do,when the pedals are pressed again they will go to the floor because there is not a full charge of fluid in front of the pistons,I'v had some success pushing back the pistons with air through the bleed nipples,low pressure only,the only proper way to cure the problem is remove the master cylinders and overhaul them.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: