SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydraulic Pump Problem on Case VAC Tractor

ed correia Hi, I just bought this beast a couple of weeks ago for $300.00 I love restoring old lawn tractors, but never took on something this big! Anyway the first thing I did was try to fire her up, cleaned out the fuel tank, changed the oil, put plugs in her sanded the poits a little and installed a new battery, hit the start button and allmost died when she fired up within a couple of minutes, she runs very smooth, jumped on and went through all the gears including reverse with no problem, the wife said my face was going to crack I was smiling like the cheshire cat :) Anyway, here is my problem... part of the reason i bought her was because it came with a plow and have a 1/8 of a mile drive way, the guy I bought it from handed me what I believe is the hydraulic pump that mounts under the pto, he said he had it rebuilt... i installed it and all it does is drip out of the lines... no pressure, i had a mechanis look at it and he came to the conclusion that the pump still has a problem, the pto is working fine and there is plenty of flow through the lines. I have spent over 5 hours searching every website online and cannot find anything on the pump if that is what its called... can anyone help me on what this is called, the serial number plate on the dash is gone so i'm bummng out there to... help the snows is going to be flying soon here in Boston!
Alan We have an old Case VAO that has the same type of pump. It is a came driven pump the operates off the side PTO. First check to see if the cam followers have been lifted from the came VIA the bolt and locking nut visible from the exterior of the pump housing. If your are sure that the came is working the pump and there is no pressure, open the bleed valve wing nut that is facing towards the tractor clutch housing. When the pump is clear of air, hydraulic fluid should be jettisoned from the bleed valve. If that doesn't cure the problem that most likely one of the check balls has been obliterated. You will need the manual for this pump to go farther. I have fixed three of these piston type pumps and all three had ball check valves that looked like smashed BBs. I fixed them will check balls from old carburetors. There is not too much else that goes wrong with these pumps. If someone says they rebuilt it, ask them precisely what they did to rebuild it

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: