SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Electrical schimetic and breaklight switch

Duane I bought a 480e ll and i am trying to fix a few things. I ordered a repair manual from manuals.*on and it did not have the electrical schimetic which should be in the back folder. Does anyone have a schimetic for this rig? I ursually dont have much problem figuring things out if i had a schimetic. Also where are the brake light switch?
Thanks for any help!

AJ There are two brake light switches operated mechanically,one by each pedal,look in pedal area under the dash,unlikely both switches to fail at the same time check that one of the circuit breakers has not popped,there are six in a row,push on each button and if you find one that had popped that indicates there is a short circuit and that could be a wrong bulb fitted,ie a single contact instead of a double contact or vise versa.
AJ

Duane Thanks I did not think they were both out that is why i was looking for an electrical schimatic to see what went where. This is an older tractor and quite a bit of dirt, Are there any color codes to go by. I am planning to pull the instermation pannel and maybe get a pressure washer in there to clean things up as it is all dirt color He He right now. Are the switches on top of the pedels?
Thanks for your help.

AJ I cannot remember the exact location of the switchs but I think the are above the pedals,when the pedal is pushed down the spring loader plunger in the switch pops out and the switch closes the stop lights should come on,when you get to the switches one of the two wires attached to the switches should be hot when the key switch is on,if you have no hot wire the trouble is between there and the circuit breaker or even futher back towards the key switch,if you have power at the switch connect the two wires together to test the circuit back to the lamps.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: