SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case g188 d head removal problem

robert demontigny my case g188d has a headgasket problem i removed all the bolts in the head and the two valve cover studs. i am leavin intake and exhaust manifod attached. i removed the bolt in the waterpump housing and the water pump i can not budge the head is the glue on the headgasket holding the head? i used a jack under the hed to jack the head of the block its not moving i hair du i have to start the engine to use compression to pop the head. i will install the bolts andleave them a bitt loose so the head dont fly off. any idea anyone. i never had a head this stuck before. thanks robert
AJ You sure you have the 19 head bolts out,seen em tight put am surprised the jack did not shift it,but then one never knows what other people might have put on there.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: