SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1989 Case 580 k

Play
Hi
Have a Case 580k 1989 model.
It started with would not move either forward or backward, there is no sound when I put it in gear. But after having started to stop the 50 times it can suddenly seem quite good. When it first appears, I can use it for several hours without any problems but as soon as I turn the ignition it will no longer provide.
I just changed start and flywheel, it may have something about it?

Some suggestions?

Play Have tried to remove the clutch valve and then started the tractor, but there is no oil out of the hole to the valve.
AJ That sounds like you got no pressure,look at the pipe that goes from the left front of the transaxle the one with the hose clips,see that it is not loose or damaged allowing it to be drawing air,inside where that pipe connects to the transaxle is a strainer that could be blocked,it needs to be checked,drain the oil and remove it,if that checks out and you still have no drive see if the prop is spinning going into the transaxle,if not the trouble is in the torque,either the pump has packed up,the relief valve stuck open or the torque itself,it this point a pressure check is a must.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: