SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Fuel seleniod relay in cab

Sam Butera I have a bad relay for the fuel seleoid for a case 580 k. I have a jumper directly from tyhe battery to a switch then to the selenoid. Which is working but I would like to find the relay in the wiring in the dash inside the cab. I figured it is near the ignition switch, in that dash. Wanted to get ideas before I tore into the dash. I cant have the bachkhoe down for very long.
AJ I am not sure your model has a relay,remove the four screws from the small section of the facia so you can get to the back of the ignition switch,switch on,number three terminal should have power for the on/off,if you got no power with the key on use a jumper wire to put power to the wire attached to that terminal,if the engine runs the ignition switch is faulty,if the engine does not run note the colour of the wire and trace it as the circuit is broken between the switch and pump,find the multi plugs and give them a shake.
AJ

Sam Butera Case dealer said there was a relay. So maybe there isnt. I appreciate the help. I will post my results when I get a chance to look it over. Hopefully sometime this week. Thanks AJ
Sam Butera AJ. Need some more help. I took apart the console like you said. Cant figure out which terminal is number three. They all have power to them except the one in the middle., it has 2 wires going into it. In the corner opposite the ingnition switch there is a block with 2 black square thiings with wires to them. I am guessing it is some kind of relay for something. There is a yellow wire from them to the ignition switch body. There is no way I will be able to trace wire. It goes to a thick harness and is wrapped then goes under the floor. I looked for the wire in the dash it isnt there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AJ Sent you an email
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: