SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

fuel injector pump is leaking

Luke The injector pump on my David Brown 990 is dripping fuel. I cannot see where it is originating, as the front is dry. Do these units get cracks? The tractor has not lost power.
AJ The std 990 had a CAV rotary pump,the usual place they leak is where the throttle shaft spindle goes through the top cover,there are two o'rings on each shaft,take off the controls,mark the throttle lever that is attached to the spindle that goes through the cover,take the lever off,remove the two dome nuts,lift the cover up about an inch and press down the spindle through it,when the spindle is free of the cover take it out of the way,now have a close look at where the throttle spring is attached and memorize it,it is important that spring is attached in the same place when you put it back,put two new o'rings on each spindle,superglue the gasket to the cover otherwise it will not stay in place,put the cover back on,do not stretch the spring or distort it in any way.
AJ

Luke Thanks AJ. I have never done any work on a injector pump, would this be done with the pump removed from the tractor?

AJ No need to remove the pump or the injector pipes,clean around the top cover before you undo anything,I am sending you a cutaway picture of the pump.
AJ

denny morrison
Could i get a cutaway picture also

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: