SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 580 Super L Backhoe

Marlan Burkhart I have a Case 580 Super L and I was welding the muffler and cylinder and now it won't move. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
alrman Do you have shuttle or powershift?
Marlan Burkhart It has shuttle. I was welding the pipe back on the muffler and a seam on the main cylinder.
alrman If you were welding exhaust in situ - on the machine, it's possible some slag may have dropped down onto the control valve of the transmission.
Check wiring there - it may have caused fuses to blow on start up - have you checked them?
Could be coincidence with welding repair, there is a circlip in the control valve modulator which breaks & jams it up sometimes causing loss of drive - has there been any drive issues lately?

Marlan Burkhart I unfortunately do not have a manual for the backhoe so all I have to go by is the circuit printout and I am not sure what you are calling a control valve modulator.
Andrade My machine decided not to back up today when I put it in reverse - ANY INDEAS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO--?

IT IS NOT MANUEL - BUT POWER SHIFT

THANK YOU!!!!

alrman Marlan,
the modulator is a mechanical part of the transmission control valve. Before you worry about that - have you checked fuses & the wiring on the top of the transmission??
Andrade,
you need to start another thread. - check your fuses in the meantime....

Bill Stone I have a 1985 case 580k backhole. I need to replace the fan belt. It looks like I will have to remove the radiator and other parts to get the new belt on. Looks like a shaft goes thru a housing all the way under the radiator. Has anyone replaced the belt on one of these before? Is there an easier way? please help

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: