SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

970 case tractor

angus i just bought a 970 case tractor and want to change all fluids. where do u find the hydraulic filter and how do u change it. is there pressure when u change the filter. how often should this b changed
AJ
Re: 970 case tractor

The filter is in a canister that can have a dome shaped or flat top on the right side of the transmission,the filter element is Case # A65854, NAPA FIL 1786,the engine oil is Case # A58758, NAPA FIL 1452,Air Case # A40866, NAPA FIL 2126,fuel filter kit of two filters Case # A41745,NAPA FIL 3353 and FIL 3354 one of each,engine oil change 250 hrs 3.2gls Rotella 10W-30,hytrans 1000hrs,16.1gls of Donax TD,all filters are for the diesel model.
Good luck with your new tractor
AJ

angus thank u so much AJ
ca.hess Good explanination Aj. Will add to it 10micron white wrapper goes in rear canister an if equipeped with power shift red wrapperor 25micron goes in front canisster. Also there is a relief valve in each filter on bottom when you remove old one that needs to be removed an reused in new ones. Easy for someone to throw them away ---very important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
randy wessing hello my name is Randy and iam havin troubles with my transmission in my 970 case tractor it is a standard with high and low. I can't get it into 3 or 4 or reverse i just have 1 and 2 and the high and low is fine. so if you now what is wrong you can email me back at

Thank you

Fred Randazzo Hello my name is Fred I have a '74 case 970 tractor . when I go to start the tractor it seams as though my hydraulics are under pessure and stalls the engine . if i try to raise the loader bucket up at the same time I am trying to start it it runs fine,but as soon as i let go of the lever for the loader the engine stalls . I don't understand this , please help I'm standed in the country snowed in . thank you fred
Fred Randazzo Hello again . upon further investigation with my '74 case with powershift , I removed the hyd. filters and the tractor ran fine , although I lost hyd.fluid .I also did find fine metal residue in the hyd. oil .before this problem I never have had a proiblem with this tractor . any advice would be appreciated . thank you fred

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: