SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Screw Extraction on a 580K

John Morris I have a 1988 Case 580K backhoe with the extending backhoe. My problem is that the last bolt that holds the backhoe bucket to the extending dipper broke today. Now I have six hardened steel bolts to extract and two questions.

1. What is the best way to get at the broken bolts? I assume that I should remove the bucket from the dipper, but I want to be sure.

2. What is the best way to remove the broken bolts? I'm not sure yet, but I don't think there is any material sticking out that I can get a tool on.

Thanks,
John

AJ You talking about the end cap of a two piece extendahoe held on by 6x3/4 bolts,take the cap off out of the way and hope that the broken bolts stick out enough to grip them,if they are broken off flush the usual method is to weld a washer to them and then weld a nut to the washer,if they are broken in the hole not much can be done except drill them and use an extractor,when you do get them out check that both mating surfaces are flat and do not have humps at any of the holes that were wallowed.
Good luck
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: