SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case ih 4230 pto problems

Bill Burge Have a customer with a 4230, he has pto problems, sometimes it cuts out, have tested pressures and was ok at mcv, but low at test port indicating a problem in clutch pack. removed clutch pach ,but wasnt as bad as expected, however fitted new parts to be sure, also checked seal rings on pto shaft, rebuilt and tested, pressure good, job done. A few months later its happening again, he says when going downhill, but oil level ok and his hills arent that steep, tractor has loader etc and forward/ reverse shuttle, all seem to be fine other than this intermittant fault, any ideas ?
AJ Have a look and see that there is nothing fouling the control linkage,if the linkage is loose or the cab or something else is moving the linkage,I think something maybe moving the control as the clutch is unlikely to drive one minute and not the next.
AJ

mark edmondson Hi did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? Just ive got the same symptoms but can do it while standing still on a slurry pump. Hyd filer and level fine, linkage ok and has very low pto hours on it. Has shuttle as well as a loader with no other hyd faults. thanks mark
Bill Burge Mark, hello, no i havnt yet, assumed customer had said nothing, so faul must have gone, WRONG !
he now says he is getting occasional loader problems ,as in very slow and week, for a minute, then ok again all day ? i am currently trying to sort myself a flow meter to test pump flow etc, as now im self employed i dont have one, and have been quoed nearly a thousand pounds for a suitable one, nearly the worth of the tractor !!
Keep in touch.

Randy Judy Anyone come up with a fix/cause for this?I have a 4230 that loses the pto when it gets hot.
Bill Schofield I have a 4230 with cab, loader and mfwd. The PTO quits after it gets warm but works fine if I engage the front wheel drive.
marcus gerrard hi i used my pto yesterday and after 15 mins topping the pto drive stopped but would start when i dipped the clutch any ideas? its a 4230 with loader and shuttle
O.Fiaich Hi. I have a case 4230lp with a loader which has a p.t.o. problem and a reverse problem, first of all the pto would not work in reverse , but when you put it in forward it was ok , the problem showed up when we were topping , now reverse is gone , the tractor has a forward and reverse shuttle , could the problem be in the power pack for reverse / forward ?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: