SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

reverse problems case 2594

antonio
I have a case tractor 2594 and i been having problems with the reverse, i been told it may be a electrical problem beacuse all the front gears work.

any tips?

AJ I am not familiar with your tractor and would not know what it is if I was looking at it but never the less I am an old hand in the repair business,first thing the fuses then I would be checking to find the solenoids on the transmission for forward and reverse,once I found them the next thing is to find which is which,are both clicking when selected,is there power in each plug when the F/R lever is moved,if each solenoid has power when selected the solenoid could be faulty or stuck,if you have no power in the reverse and power in forward the change switch could have a problem or wroken wire,if it has a backup beeper is it working,I think as you said its an electrical problem you would need the troubleshooting chart to pinpoint the issue.
AJ

antonio thanks AJ

it was very helpful, the fuses were ok, i found that the solenoid was getting hot we change the o-rings and the coil but still gets hot what could it be

AJ For a test swop the F/R solenoids,I don't think that the solenoid should be getting hot,it may be gone weak and not able to pull the valve against the spring,give that a try and if you then have reverse and no forward you will know the solenoid is at fault.
AJ

antonio hey AJ

i left aside this project for a while but
now i have to fix it. i have try the swop it only works when tractor is jut start the first time and it cool, work with the tractor in foward for a while and then try the reverse and does not work. any help will be appriaciated.

thank you

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: