SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 480d

jack I have just got a case 480d it is equipped for a backhoe but does not have one the loader says 480ll on itit goes forward just fine in all gears but when you go to reverse you have to play with the shuttle to get it to go it is almost like it hesitates I have tried to adjust the linkages but did not help when it gets in reverse it has plenty of power and does not pop out i did notice underneith someone replaced a solinoild I beleve is for the clutch cut outthe two wires are not hooked up and it has hose clamps around the solonoild with l brkts holding it stationary I am also looking for a service manual for it reasonable HELP THANKS

AJ That sounds as if the linkage is not moving the F/R valve,the solenoid valve has to be free to move to and fro as the lever is moved,the solenoid holds the plate that the F/R rod connects to on the end of the F/R valve,the plate has a D shaped hole to fit on the valve in the right position,its got three holes at the top for the detent ball that is spring loaded to pop into and hold it in the selected position,take whatever is holding the solenoid off and see that it is screwed on tight to the valve and try it,if it does not work right the D hole may be gone big and wallowed out or the trouble is inside the valve itself.
Good luck
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: