SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 control valve gaskets

sam un ont i need help. i recently had the shuttle valve assembly off to clean the oil pump screen and am still having some problems. i am not sure as to whether that the 2 upper gaskets for the valve assembly were the correct ones. the serial numbers on the old girl are long gone but i was able to get a number off the valve assembly it is A38032 but nothing in my book shows it. if anyone could check it out and let me know the correct gaskets it would be appreciated thank you sam
AJ There are two different types,the both share some of the gaskets.
The big bottom gasket A37517 same on both
The middle gasket A38029 newest,A37544 older
Top gasket A38030 newest, A37545 older
AJ

sam un ont thank you for responding a.j. i was aware that the two upper gaskets were different. my problem is that since the tractor serial number is gone i have no idea which two i require. the only thing i have to go on is the valve assembly that is on the tractor which has A38032 stamped on it but my parts book does not show that number anywhere. i assume that the ones i require are a38029 and a38032 but i am only guessing . sam
AJ The number you quoted is not listed in the parts list for a 580,and since you don't know the serial number not much you can do cept order one of each type,looking at the drawing and counting the holes I could see no difference but maybe its the size.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: