SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 1170 PTO seal

JD I'm leaking oil from right around my PTO shaft itself and not the PTO housing. Can someone tell me what seal I may need to replace? Thanks guys
AJ Looked up the parts list for your 1170, there are two different pto's,single and dual speed,the oil seals differ,for the single speed you need A57708,for the dual speed you need A58223,if you have a local seal shop the size of the single seal is 1 3/4 x 2 1/2 x 1/2" and the dual speed 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 x 3/8" just take the retainer off and leave the shaft in situ.the retainer is the plate that the shaft comes through,Google Case IH parts and you can see a drawing,can't put links here.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: