SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 k

mike I have a 1988 case backhoe afew weeks ago it was weak in gear checked trans fluid backup alarm quite working now will not move lifted the machine with stabilizers put in gear forward and revears nothing driveshaft spinning unscrewed the filter nothing in it bone dry transaxle fluid is full why no fluid in filter where to start Mike
alrman mike,
I replied to your last post & gave you a few things to look for - have you tried them?
Sounds like your not getting pressure, start at the control valve & let us know what you find, then we can give you some more help. If it's beyond you, get some professional help.

mike yes have tryed what you said cleaned valve wounder if should replace as a start. there is 3 sylonoid valves 2 have been replaced acording to the dates on them sould i start buy replacing all 3 and can that stop the flow of all fluids
alrman
Re: 580 k

Mike,
3 solonoid valves? I can only remember there being one, (item 25, if right model)
Have you checked power at the plug?
Have you tried drive with plug disconnected?
Driveshaft spinning - fast or lazy & slow?
Any leaks at suction pipe? Ive seen the steel pipe wear a hole from rubbing on chassis.
Lift wheel of the ground & with the engine off, turn the wheels by hand - they should feel same.
Come back with more info.

mike Yes that does look correct #25 took oof and cleanedalso looking at diagram I think #31 are 2 more solonoids with 2 and 3 wiresgoing to them.The drive shaft is spinning fast climbed under machine gave a good inspection of vent pipe seen no holes or wear last Idid rotate the wheels seems to feel fine the no fluid in filter stumps me also the 2 other solonoids had newer dates on them they have been replaced before. Mike
alrman sent email

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: