SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580k case backhoe

Ernest I have a hydraulic stabilizer that is leaking externally. I found seals online, also a gland but not sure what that is? How hard is it to put seals in?

alrman Ernie,
is your machine a centremount or side shift?

The gland is the nut at the end of the cylinder.
To undo this you need a 'C' spanner to fit into the holes in face of the glandnut, they can be quite stubborn at times, you may need some heat on it - Then loosen the hyd. line at the closed end of the cyl. & pull the rod/piston assy from the cyl. Next you need to hold the rod in something solid (try putting it back into the leg assembly)& undo the piston retaining bolt.
I usually use 1"drive sockets for this (3/4" drive just flexes to much) & 6' pipe!
Heat is often required to loosen the loctite on the bolt.
Sounds easy doesn't it! - Good Luck

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):



Sign Up For Our Monthly Special Sales!