SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 680 C Hoist Hydraulic Problem

John Roseland If I lower the main hoist too fast the entire hydraulic system stops working.That includes the backhoe,outriggers and the front bucket tilt and rollback. After sitting with the engine running at a fast idle everything will start to operate normally after about 30 seconds to sometimes a full minute. Both the backhoe and hoist have plenty of power and speed when they are operating. Only the main hoist has this problem.The system is full of clean oil and has a new filter.
AJ I a bit rusty and can't remember if the control valve for the front loader had a check valve,one or two things can cause the problem,if the port valve for the hoist is not holding it would mean that the main reg valve has to carry the shock when you drop the hoist,it might be sticking open allowing the oil to go back to the tank and when it closes everything works again,check both the port valve and main reg valve.
AJ

John Roseland Thanks for the reply AJ. Is the port valve that you refer to, the spool assembly ? If it is would the reg valve be part of the spool assembly ? I had the spool assembly out last week and cleaned it due to another issue with the hoist operation. I had to stop working on the machine because of a recurring back problem. If it helps I can email you a web address that has the entire 680 service manual and parts list available online.
AJ Sent you an email
AJ

John Roseland I have taken the main relief valve apart as AJ suggested. Someone in the past has had it apart and reassembled it without the plunger spring. A new spring is on order but won't be here for two weeks.
I will post the results when I get it repaired

John Roseland The new relief valve spring arrived and is installed.The hoist now works like it was designed to.
AJ! I sent you an email.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: