SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 k rear brakes

Mark I'm an auto mechanic and don't know much about tractors. This 580k left rear brake is locked up, I jacked it up and rolled it in reverse. That usually freed it up, but now it is locked tight. I know the brakes are in the rear-end housing, but not familar with the design of this system. Any advice, help, or pictures with this matter would be appreciated. THANKS
AJ There are two 580K's,the early one has a Case transaxle with dry disc brakes mounted in its own housing on each side just in front of the axle,the newer K has oil immersed disc brakes mounted inside the reduction hub of the halfshaft housings,it would be my guess that you got the early dry brake and the locking up is caused by the actuator been worn,look under the machine and see what you got or the serial # and come back
AJ

mark The 580k that I have, has the internal wet brakes. Also when it starts to lock up, the pedal to make it positive traction starts to jump. Thanks
Mark

AJ Sent you an email.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: