SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 580L ser 2 neutral safety switch

Ken When I hold the solenoid on, the mach. starts up & stays running until you turn off the ignition switch. But the solenoid will not pull the fuel lever on. I have power to one wire with the key on and no power to the other wire in on or start position. If you switch the "hot" wire to the other side the solenoid works off the switch but starts to get hot. Too hot to touch. Which will burn up the solenoid.
alrman Ken, you only mention 2 wires?
assuming you have the inline bosch injector pump with 3 wires at stop solonoid? this is situated between the injector pump & engine block. there are 2 coils in the solonoid - 1 to pull back the rack on 'start' position & 1 to hold it back on 'run' or 'on' position.
1 wire 'on'- 2nd wire 'start' - 3rd wire ground.
I have replaced quite a few of these solonoids when the 'start' coil fails.
"neutral safety switch" - confuses me
might need more info....hope this helps

AJ The neutral start switch is integral part of the forward reverse switch on the column,if the machine is not starting off the key check the multiplug on the F/R switch pigtail.
AJ

Jeff O I have a 1990 580K that is giving me some starting problems. Batteries check out at 12.8 volts. Can jump across the two terminals on the started (hot and solenoid)and tractor starts. key switch checks out good. Suspect Neutral Safety Switch but can't find it's location on tractor. Case manuals tell how to check it but don't show location of switch. Any suggestions where I might find it?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: