Massey Ferguson voltage regulator

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson voltage regulator

Bo I recently bought a MF135 1969, All of the guage and headlight wires were cut off and it had a alternator instead of a generator.
It starts and runs good but Ive began restoring it and noticed all wiring diagrams in the parts manual include a voltage regulator. Is this needed?
It has a perkins diesel engine.
Any advice appreciated
Mechanically challenged

Holz If the alternator that is on the tractor now has an internal regulator you no longer need an external regulator. A lot of folks will leave the old regulator in place when replacing the generator with the new alternator, this is a little like sweeping the dirt under the rug & only half-way doing the job. Frank-Holz Equipment Service
Bo Jones Thanks again is there a way to tell if the alternator has a regulator in it?
If it does have one I suppose that someone must have access to a wiring diagram.
Hint Hint......I probably couldn't read it anyway but I do know others not so mechanically challenged.

Bo Jones
Challenged

John van m hi, I have a similar problem. I own a MF35 and need to wire in a lucus alternator. Can any one help me please? Thanks in advance john

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: