strange tractor!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

strange tractor!

Daniel hello! this is from norway!!!
ever heard about a OTA'? english tractor I think? I have one...found it in my backyard...
has a ford-engine! printet c on the top. , three wheel, wire steering...

anybody know something about this one, please mail! I read english better than I write! :)

daniel

John Porter This tractor is not very common here in the UK let alone Norway! I would like to see some pictures of your tractor as we have a reigister of Ford 8 and 10 HP engines in vehicles other than cars and vans. Any other detial would be good.

Regards,
John Porter (Ford Sidevalve Owners' Club))

John Huthart I have an OTA tractor here in Ontario, Canada. It came from a local auto wrecking yard about 10 years ago, and is still waiting for restoration. It was missing the gearbox, but I have since obtained one that should work. Just need some time from other projects. I do not know of any other OTA's in the country.
Cheers. John.

GLEN BOWMAN G'DAY FROM AUSTRALIA,
JUST A QUICK NOTE IN REGARDS TO YOUR STRANGE TRACTOR. MY FATHER ALSO HAS ONE OF THESE, THAT IS AN OTA TRACTOR, MADE BY OAK TREE APPLIANCES LTD. FOLESHILL ROAD, COVENTRY ENGLAND
ENGINE NUMBER 543773
CHASSIS NUMBER 1105
OTHER THAN THAT, THAT IS ALL WE KNOW, BUT WE WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO KNOW MORE. IF YOU OR AN CONTACTS THAT YOU MAY KNOW CAN HELP US IN ANY WAY WE WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT.
CHEERS
FROM YOUR FRIEND IN OZ
GLEN BOWMAN

steve My name is steve I live at Rarraman QLD AUST

I just aquired an old tractor to work on my farm.

Curiousity has my wondering what is and what is it worth. seems I like its all there but missing
fronf cowling. It was next to my bro's house for
13 years sitting under an old mangoe tree covered in vines.. We both actually drove it around the neighbours yard when my bro first bought his house
13 years ago. check out "Antique Tractors" on the web.I only found one person in North Ireland.

Kjell Gjerde G'day Glen
I happen to be another Norwegian owner of an OTA but I have the same problems finding information.
I've tried the Singer club in GB. No success. (Seemes like this factory was involved) Mine is a 51 model with 2 steering wheels. Its been repainted with brush at least 2 times. I have started renovation. Engine and gearbox are finished and I have found a color that is very close to the original, but of course a RAL color code would be nice to have together with more specs.

Joe Paget I am the registrar for Singer and OTA tractors in the Singer owners Club
I may be able to help with information, manuals, decals etc.
Our book on OTA and Monarch Tractors is available from Plough Books in Australia
Tractor 1105 would be a Mk1 Cast front three wheel rowcrop tractor
Hope this helps

Joe Paget Kjell,
Your tractor sounds like the four wheel Mpnarch tractor.
Probably a Mk3 tractor
Email details on manufacturers plate on dashboard chassis no and engine number
Your if 1951 is probably produced by
Oaktree Appliances
Hope this helps
Colour would be Co-op Blue have ICI ref no

Joe Paget Daniel,
If you can give me the chassis number on makers plate I can give info on this tractor
Quite a few went to Norway,popular on railways stations and timber industry
Have quite a few survivors already on register I have compiled for surviving tractors
look forward to hearing from you
Joe Paget

Joe Paget Hello all,
I am the registrar for OTA and Singer tractors
within the Singer owners club
If you require any information on the OTA or Singer Tractors please contact me on above "E"or
telephone +44(0) 1926 632509 or write to
Crantock , 18 Birdingbury Road,Marton,Rugby.
Warwickshire CV23 9RY ,UK
If you can give serial number on makers plate
it will help me with identification
I have co-written book on tractors and can also supply technical information
OTA tractors are three wheel or four wheel
singers produced four wheel Monarch model
Look forward to hearing from you
regards
Joe Paget

David wells Hello all !
David here from Essex ,UK, im 16 and im restoring a 1950 Ota ,3 wheel, was wondering if i could get some help to know what to colours should be and if parts are easy to find , Joe would be most helpful if you could help, any info would help , please email to Davidbwells@hotmail.co.uk

most thankful
David wells

Tommy Sivertsen
Re: strange tractor!

Hello, im from Norway, and I believe i have an O.T.A. and Monarch tractor. It is/used to be blue, and have not been running for several years, probably last time in late 60's.
The challenge is that it has been stored outside, winter and summer, and that can be told of shape it is in.

It is for sale aswell.

Br
Tommy

Syd It would seem that I have one of these strange beasties in my posession in Brisbane, or at least the main part of one with some bits missing and some bits added. Have tried to contact Joe Paget regarding it but messages bounce back. If you see this Joe please reply with current contact details to
bill sheehan
O.T.A tractor Re: strange tractor!

I have a 3 wheel OTA that I am parting out. Frame,
hood, rear wheels are ok. Radiator looks ok. Engine looks frozen. Call me if interested. Bill
(925) 373-7200

bill sheehan
Re: O.T.A tractor Re: strange tractor!

Posted the wrong photo of OTA. This one looks more like it. The rear of tractor shows an old rototiller, not part of tractor.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: