Hahn 830-E

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hahn 830-E

Gregg I just purchased this mower and can find little about it. It has a Gravely ID plate on it. Any info on the company and quailty of the mower would be helpful.

Gregg

Bart I bought one too, and can't find any info on the damn thing. i can't find the manual or parts list . if u have any info, It would be appreciated.
tony I have a Hahn,LT500 model LHS-130 series 3942. It is a 1972 vintage. I have been using it since I bought it in 1981. Hahn was made in Evansville, Indiana.

Hahn's saying was "Nothing cuts a jungle like a Hahn". They also made this in a 26" and 36" vesion but the tip speed of the 30" blade was great for giving a clean cut.

Hahn made the mower for others, like Ford, New Holland and Gilson. If you see those you will recognize it as a Hahn. I do not remember the model numbers of those.

When the market became more competitive in the mid to late seventies Hahn was purchased by Simplicity, then Gravely bought the Hahn rights from Simplicity. Gravely made the exact mower as the model 830 and 830-E. The E stood for electric start, the 8 stood for 8 HP and the 30 stood for 30" cut. It is a strong mower; very heavy duty frame.

It is harder to find replacement parts now. In the 80's I was able to get a copy of the owners manual from Gravely but I do not know if they still supply it. I think Gravely stopped making it in the mid 80's.

Tom in Cherrylog Any body know what size the mower deck belt is supposed to be? The steering wildly quick, huh?
KJ Yes,I would like to know that myself
Dustin 3/8 45"

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: