wheelhorse hydrostatic trans

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

wheelhorse hydrostatic trans

george I have an older 14 hp wheelhorse with the
hydrostatic trans. It worked initially, but
after a little use the trans no longer pulls.
What steps should I take to see if the trans
is ok? I checked the trans fluid and it is
there. Also the push 5/16 " valve is tight.
THANKS

c denucci I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.I USE STRAIGHT 50 WEIGHT OIL AND HAVE HAD BETTER RESULTS,ALSO TRY REPITCHING YOUR FAN BLADES FOR BETTER COOLING MINE WORKS A LOT BETTER WHEN IAM PLOWING SNOW.ITS NOT A 100% BUT A LOT BETTER.THE FIRST 20 MIN OF USE I CAN PUSH MY HOUSE OVER ONCE IT GETS HEATED UP IT LOSES STRENGH.
Rick Burkeen I also have the same problem with my 1997 16-44hxl wheelhorse. Its fine the first 20 to 30 min. then I lose the ability to go forward and reverse. I replaced the rear-end fluid and still have the same problem. It called for a synthetic hydr. fluid. Does anyone have a fix for this tractor. I've called Toro and the Sullivan who make the rear-end with no results. I've had the tractor into 2 different dealrs only to have money taken from me. Please help, Rick (Michigan)
CARL ADAMS I have a Wheelhorse 314A that will pull ok to start but then wants to sort of slip. The foward and reverse lever will not stay foward. I tend to believe that all this is due to the need for adjustments.
Larry Mason I'm having problems getting a spark from the spark plug. I have replaced the coil and condenser, the spark plug, and spark plug wire. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Scott N I had the same problem with my 314A. Took the back fender off, sprayed Gunk on the whole transmission/drive line, let it sit and pressure washed off. Have not had a problem since. I think the tranmission overheats the fluid. Used to have to add fluid all the time and that has also stopped leaking.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: