S650G SATOH TRACTOR

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

S650G SATOH TRACTOR

JIM Engine keeps backfiring through carb. Engine will not gain power. NEW CARB,points, cap, rotor.plugs,plug wires,have been installed. Timing has been adjusted. Problem still exist. Can anyone help?

valerie sunderland I need to know the firing order of plug wirers, so that i can put wirers back in the proper order, lost track of where they go i need help. My son borrowed neighbors tractor and it quit running, so he pulled the wires of with out marking them so the tractor is in my yard not running. Son thought he was helping. Thank you very much, val
jim The firing order for plug wires is 1,3,2& 4.
valerie sunderland THANK YOIU VERY MUCH JIM YOU SAVED THE DAY
loyd cole need hood grille h litess650g satoh
Marjorie Hancock We are in the midst of a major overhaul of our S650G (circa 1874). Head has been ground but new head gasket obtained was much thinner than the old one. I am not the mechanic but my understanding is that there is not enough clearance inside. The parts supplier has indicated that there in only one thickness. I asked whether we could put in two. He said we could try and recommended gluing them together with "silver" (aluminum?) paint. When we looked carefully at the old gasket we discovered that there actually had been two gaskets! There did not appear to be anything used to stick them together.

My question is - can anyone with knowledge of this engine advise on whether to install dry or whether to use the paint? Are there any other comments about using two layers?

Any help will be much appreciated as we need to get the tractor back into action. :-)

Marjorie Hancock

john I need to know what kind of crankcase oil to use in my satoh s650g. also what type oil in the other locations. Thanks john
john p hurley the firing order is 1-3-4-2 which uis common in most 4 cly engs
Terri I need to locate a carborator -rebuilt
Barry Jim: Been a long time since June, so I hope this has been fixed for ya...but if not, check the valve lash. If an intake valve is too tight, ie., open all the time, the motor won't make compression in that cylinder (hence low power) and will backfire through the intake. Good luck!

BC

barry Marjorie:
The aluminum paint is an old racers' trick, and it definitely won't hurt...HOWVER: The Satoh engine has flat top pistons and very low valve lift, there is virtually no way you'll get valve interference. I'd stick with the single gasket.

BC

Darryle Russell Can someone please tell me where I can order parts for a Satoh Beaver Tractor. I have Repair and Parts Manual. Just do not know where I can get parts.
Thanks in Advance!

Karen Anyone interested in buying S650 with implements (blade, plow, cutting deck)let me know. It is not running... needs carb work. email KMonahan6@aol.com
Keith Having some trouble witht the hydralics. Won't lift 3 point hitch. Any suggestions?
K.

frank interested in satoh e mail if available or not any one else with pars for satoh 650g please email frank . tgf1@ptd.ner
Bill Losh I am trying to find tune up parts for my s650g satoh tractor please help.
Max Smith I've been told that it has a 1972 Mazda engine. I have found some parts (esp for tune ups) at NAPA.
mark whats your location and what are you asking for it
John Hi, I have a Satoh S-650-G and I need a loader -Is there a special kind i need? I have a plow thats Hydrolic on it now.How much do i have to spend and where do i get one-HELP!!!!
jason I NEED A THEROMSTAT FOR MY SATOH MAZDA S650G TRACTOR, HOPEFULLY, AND IF THATS NOT MY PROBLEM,I WILL BE NEEDING A CLY. HEAD. THANKS JASON
JASON IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET PARTS FOR SATOH MAZDA BISON S650G TRACTOR THANKS KY.
dwayne Have a chance to buy one of these. S650G with bush hog for $2300. Can anhybody tell me about performance?
cliff looking for parts for my satoh s-650g
Hal Can anyone help with throttle problem? I have a Satoh S-650G and when I crank it up I have to keep pulling out the choke or it shuts off. I don't know if it is getting too much air or not enough gas. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I can give more information if needed. Thanks.
BRIAN EDWARDS TRYING TO FIND A NEW CARB FOR MY SATOH S650G CAN SOMEONE HELP ME.
rodney need a seat, is there any replacement seats that will work or do i have to buy a satoh seat nothing over a $ 100.00 please
Ruth Callahan Does anyone have a cross reference chart for tune up parts for my Bison Satoh. Thanks Ruth

Rick I need a head gasket can any one help
Glenn Haddix Iam looking for a Throttle Cable,An not sure where to go an look for one,Can anyone help,Thanks in advance.....
Glenn

TOM I'M LOOKIN FOR A RIGHT FRT SPINDLE FOR A SATOH 650G
PLEASE REPLY OR CALL 814-868-2395

robert varela Having trouble with carb need to pull choke out to keep tractor running? clean out carb still same problem. If I put a rag over carb with run without choke pulled ?can anybody help
Don Hurt Hi, I have a Satoh S-650G; I'm having a problem with the ground. It will run with jumper cable, cranks up and runs right on. Soon as I remove ground cable engine cuts off as if I turned it off by switch. Anyone with any idea's as to what might cause this.
Thxs in advance, Don

terry looking for satoh engine parts need engine will come and get it (239-839-2814)or (239-658-9262)
Ralph Stallcup Hi I have S650G For Sale,4 New Tires,Hyd. Are Very G00D .What is a Fair Price...Help..E mail 0r Call..865-924-2118 Thanks Ralph From Tenn.
Ken Mangrum Just bought a mitsubishi satoh and think it is a S650G. it does have the mazda engine. Am having the same problems with the carb and when i find out something i will let everyone know what fixed it. Can anyone tell me where i can find the year of manufactor?
Ken Mangrum Could anyone tell me the point gap and dwell settings on a S650G Satoh Mitsubishi. Thanks a bunch
Paula The hydralics will not lift the 3 point hitch arms.
Bill Planzer Darryle,
They might have them at Valley Power, Bill Rogers 1-800-609-5110, Roanoke, VA. I just ordered set of Points and Condenser and Gear Shift Boot. Bill wasn't sure about the boot, but will take it back for a refund if it doesn't work. I also bought some exhaust gaskets from Pitt Auto Electric 1-800-245--0711. I bought my tractor new in 1978 and the dealer gave me the info on Pitt. Hope this helps if you haven't any.
Bill Planzer

Bill Planzer
SATOH S550 W/WOODS 5' BELLY MOWER

Want to sell, have on CraigsList for $3799. Original owner and it has 1062 hours. Excellent shape. Always kept in my barn. 3 point hitch. Send email for pics.
Bill at 513-442-0065

Paul
Satoh S500 tractor

HI, can anyone help me on information on the Satoh S500. I have just bought it and need to go and collect, so I would like to know how much does it weight.

William Brower My S650G Satoh Tractor spun a connecting rod bearing. Anyone know where I can get new bearings?
Monica I have a SATOH S650-O I can not find any information on it anywhere. I think I just need the carburetor gaskets(seals). Do i have to buy them online or is there a way to seal the carb another way. Gas is leaking out when tractor is running....I need as much information on this tractor as I can get. HELP!!!!
john looking to sell my satoh tractor s650g. it needs the top end rebuilt. good shape
jim olivo I need part numbers for points condenser and cap please help thanks jim
Ken Fuller tune-up parts for the S650G are available from NAPA. The NAPA part #s are as follows: condenser;EP300, coil;IC70, rotor;EP711, dist cap;EP710, points;CS360 ... also, many Satoh parts are available at www.wengers.com ...hope this helps
sams small engines how do you tell which cylinder is # 1?
Howard Davis Need carb rebuilding kit for my satoh. Book says it is a stromberg model 210028-061. Can u give me the name or phone no. of supplier. Also is there anyother kits that will interchange. I found a lot of kits but none would reference my model no. Thanks
Bob I have a Satoh S650G tractor, I am converting it over to electric and wondering if anyone would be interested in buying engine, radiator, gas tank and exhaust system, engine will start and run, I think it has a bad head gasket. Located in Blackfoot, Idaho area can call me at 208-684-5121
John Should be under 2000 lbs. The S470 weighs about 1300 and the S630 weighs a little over 2100 lbs., according to TractorData.com. The site doesn't list info on the S500.

robert I am looking for the mower drive belt which runs from the PTO to the mower deck. Does anyone know where I could find one of the please ?
Thanks
Robert

Eric I have owned a Satoh S650G since the late 80's. I tuned it up once and got my parts from Enterprise in PA. I do not know if they still supply.
I am selling my if anyone is interested. It has been stored inside and still runs and looks great. All original paint. I'm asking $3500 but open to offers as I have replaced it and want to move it. I'm located in Clinton, Oh.

stewart brown looking for a steering pittman arm mine broke it steering box. anyone that know where I can find a new or second hand one email me at .
Bo Hey there. While I'm not interested in purchasing your satoh as I already have a s550g, I am curious about the woods mower deck. Is it a model L59, and if so were you able to purchase it in a configuration specifically for the Satoh? I would like to buy a deck for my little tractor, but most of the decks I have seen are IH Cub or Allis specific. Please respond if you have time as this information would be extremely helpful to me. Thank you and have a great day!
-Bo

AC Does any one know where I can find a loader to fit my S650G? Thanks AC
bROOKE Needing parts for this tractor do you carry them?
larry NAPA sez the engine is an 84 Mazda. Sikeston Mo.
area has several salvage tractor yards some with
Satohs

tommy stephens I need a shifter boot/ starter/head lamps/

can you help with these items

Ross Granger Can anyone tell me where I can get front weights for my Satoh 65g or some other type that would work?
Thanks, Ross

Brandon I am looking to buy implements for my Satoh Bison. Hay rake, baler etc. What would work also for it?
eric I have a s650g 1977 model it has a mazda motor on it block # S261114. Need a engine rebuild kit where can i find one does anyone know. thanks
patrick Does the satoh bull have a reverse pto?

Thanks

jJan Mierzwinski Loking for carburator kit for s650g Satoh tractor
John

Tim Philbeck I searching for a engine for a Satoh Elk S550G as the one Ihave has a cracked block and warped head as the last owner ran it hot.
Hugo LeBlanc What is the code of the spark plug in my 650G .Just to be sure i run the good one thank

butch What type hydrolic fluid to use??
Dan I wonder if a Transdapt 2025 or 2044 would make a Weber DGV carburetor fit my S550G. Several people here say they're looking for carb kits. I'm wondering if I can just do an end run around the whole problem.
Jason Wendt I am curious what type of oil to use in the governor of the Satoh S650G? It is a KSP Speed Governor made by Koshida Shoko Co LTD, serial # 4297...
don would like to buy a front end loader
paul s arsenault plug and points setting for satoh 650g thanks
john brown I'm looking for a head gasket for my Satoh s-650-G its a mazda gas engine

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: