low compression, 8n, will she run?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

low compression, 8n, will she run?

Bryan Checked compression with bit of oil- got 60,80,50,55
Will she run? was hard starting, put new ignition parts in. Will she run or do I have to tear down for rebuild. (I don't own this 8n, so have to gived the bad news to my friend.)

J.Holden You may have to rebuild it. The comp. is two low.
captain,nemo put a spoonful of oil in each cylinder and it'll start,then you can tune it to where it'll start the best. You might be suprised what some running will do for the compression. I have had to pull it with the truck to get the oil circulated and the compression up to where it will even run.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: