Austin-Western Grader- Need help!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Austin-Western Grader- Need help!

Mark Godsil I have an Austin Western 6 wheel drive grader with a Cummins diesel. The tag gives ser. #P2654452 for the machine but no model number. Delivery date on the Cummins tag is 1969 so the machine should be a 69 or 70. I need books for the machine but without a model can't find which books to order. If anyone can help with info I really appreciate it.
Don Waller If it has around a 200HP engine it should be super 500 and 160 or less it probably a super 300
Mark Godsil Thanks for the help on this. Someone was generous enough to send me a manual for the machine. Now I just need to find the time to get to work on it.
kevin maguire the serial number indicates your grader is a l962 super 200 it may have been repowered.

Mark Godsil Thanks for the help guys. I have a manual now so should be in good shape.
Larry Adams Need Austin Western manuels for super 300, Thanks for any help. Larry Adams
Graeme Buck Can anybody help me to date a Austin Western Grader. Has international 4 cylinder petrol/diesel engine serial number DFM 10565. It is early 1940's we think. Main frame has 48 cast on it and M4150 and made in Aurora, Illinios on plate to main frame.
Please help.
Many thanks
Graeme

kevin maguire Although I would like a little more information,I
believe that the machine you described is a 1945
99 Master. The masters series was produced through 1955. Hope this helped and if I can be of any further assistance do not hestitate to ask.

butch lane Looking for rear rearend parts for the following
two austin western graders.
1966 100 Serial # V1667570
1962 pacer Serial # P3456402
Thanks,
sblane207@earthlink.net Thanks.
Butch

JOSE J ALATORRE I need a manual for austin western V220, and aparts supplier
vince hutson i have a grader my self i live in arizona give me a call 520 730-5262
kevin murphy serial number k1458594 pacer 300......trying to figure out where bleeder screw is and when grader was built anyone with info please respond to my email....murph219@chilitech.net........thankyou
Pat Ludwig I just bought an Austin-western grader. The serial # is p36416340, and it says it is a super 300, it is 6 wheel drive and has a detroit diesel engine. i was wondering if anyone could help me out with the year on it, i also would like to know where i can find some more information on Austin Western equipment, i am not as familiar with them as i am with Cat.
Kevin The serial number indicates that it is an early 1969 super 300. If you need further assistance on your Austin Western Grader feel free to email me.

Darin H. Huartson Working on an Aw Pacer 300 serial# S346 8914, not sure what year. I need brake parts, possibly brake drum cylinders or rebuild kits. Does anyone have any idea where I might find these parts? Thank You Darin huartson@sbcglobal.net
Richard Clausman I just bought an Austin Western with serial M5232. It is powered by a gas/diesel international. It may be a Master from the info in this thread. Anyone have a manual they would sell.
john armbruster The serial no. is the year of the machine I think its on the front wheel axle. and in wiscousin they are a austin wester parts place and also weller tractor supply

Nick Bettenhausen i have just bought and Austin WEestern super 300
ther ser# is P36416744 it has a cummins engine. i was wondering if anyone know what size the engine is? can't find an engine plate anywhere
also if anyone can tell what year it is with the ser #

Rod Gaffrey Nick Your engine is most likely a J series Cummins. One head covers all 6 cylinders. I may have some extra parts for one of these engines as I'm in the process of repairing an engine for my AW grder and have some parts engines
Ray Bruns I'm thinking a buying an Austin Western grader, the seriel number is: M1453250.

It has a Detroit 353, Standard Transmission, and 12' molboard.

Anyone know what year it is, and what model?

tom slingluff
Re: Austin-Western Grader- Need help!

i have a j series engine rebuilt several years ago but never fired up.stamped on block are three lines ,105990, 40,001-00, 4 11 56 so im guessing it was made in 56. a metal plate has J-15028 model jt-6-r engine no 164856 at the cummins shop only the old mecanics had seen such a thing. im in vernal ut and just listed it under antiques on ksl.com for $2,000

Bruce Fidler I need to know what a 300 super grader weighs ? Want to scrap it. Anyone need parts?
Ron I have a 1970 super 500 6v71..both front wheel seals are leaking, from knuckle (#13) looks like I need #10 pgf-4362 felt ring. Any help would be appreciated where to find them and anyother help on if it is easy to replace them. Also have leaky hydraulic cylinders and need rebuild kits. Thanks Ron
dave I picked up a pacer-400 grader ser.# P445960. Everything is in great shape and runs well. How do i find the weight of this mach. and also what year it was made
lee ororke i have model99 i think plate missing need to get service book but do not know witch one it has 4wheels on it with bad frount drive i think bad pinnon bearing i think need to take a part to see. is this common for the AW grader?bought with broken f drive shaft -fixed and and found out the bad news. got it on EBAY and drove to N.C to get from tx about 1400mls
sam HELLO I HAVE GOT AUSTIN WESTERN GRADER, BUT IM LOOKING FOR ALXE AND GEAR BOX NOW ANYONE WITH INFORMATIONS WHERE TO GET IT PLEASE AS MANY AS POSSIBOLE READY TONBUY THANKS YOU SAM, UK
kyle I just baught a austin-western motor grader I can not find the model but the serial #166 1478 i am trying to find a manuel for it.
Rebecca i have three trailers full of rear ends and anything you could need for an austin western grader(s). If you are in need of parts email me and i will see if i have what you need. ~ thanks Rebecca
Bob Hi. I just baugh a austin wester geader the number on the nose of the machine is m6868. Is ther anyone that can tell me the year and where i can get a parts manuel. Thanks Bob
Pedro Lopes Hi, I'm from Brasil and I have got Austin Western grader with serial number 55600.
that's the number in the nose of the machine.
It's a 4 wheel grader, but it's not four wheel drive, it's 4x2.
Can someone tell me the year and model?
my mail is lopes_ourobranco@yahoo.com.br
Thanks

sol HELLO PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP I NEED REAR AXLE SHAFT FOR AUSTIN WESTERN SUPPER 500 OR SUPPER 300.
ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PART PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU .SERIOUS BUYER

THANK YOU
SOL

sol HELLO PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP I NEED REAR AXLE SHAFT FOR AUSTIN WESTERN SUPPER 500 OR SUPPER 300.

THANK YOU
SOL

THANK YOU
SOL
MY EMAIL

HUSSAIN MAYAKI I have austin-western pacer 300.The converter housing cracked,I need a used one.Part # is pg2514
tom farrar i am buying an austin-western grader, ser. # S265SR6378, super 200 cummings, i would like to know weight, length, etc. also would like to buy manul, year etc. thanks, Tom
tom Please, if anyone knows spec. on AW-super 200, sure would like to hear from you. thanks, Tom
Hal The Master 99 was a 99H A-W grader with a UD-16A IH diesel.My first grader was a 99M ex-navy seabee! used it for many years(it was OLD when I bought it) I learned to operate on 1950 Master99 four-wheeler,so I know what I am talking about. I am 67 years old and cut my teeth on A-W graders which were FAR Far ahead of CAT graders of the time. I also have SEVERAL Operater and parts manuels for A-W graders which I will part with. 4-12-13.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: