Wheel Horse

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Wheel Horse

Charles Houston I have an original 656 Wheel Horse lawn and garden tractor. The tractor has the original six horse tecumseh cast iron deep well engine. 0riginal tires look like new. Sheet metal is good.
I have the blade, wheel weights, and chains. Tractor has moved a lot of snow and is still "ready". Little girl has electric start. Is it worth anything to anyone but me?

mike I also have a 656 the engine is a new short block 6 hp tacumsah and I am looking for a starter or someone who can fix the starter I have
mike I have a 656 that I bought from an old guy near here (I'm NW of Philadelphia)-it has a fairly NOS 6 horse engine, the deck is in pretty good shape and has a snowthrower that I have no idea how to attach-the electric starter motor is in pieces so I use the pull start-it runs and looks pretty good and my 78 year old father in law loves it-I'd like to get the starter motor fixed
Kyle I have a Wheel Horse 656 that has a 7 HP Briggs & Stratton in it. I have had it for about a year now and absolutly love it. It needs a carborator rebuild kit because my grand father lost the needle valve.I need to get a new coat of paint on it but it still is a beautiful tractor. I hope to have a bigger motor on it at sometime and have it compete in Garden Tractor Pulling. But right now there is another garden tractor I am working on and that is a 1980s model Montgomery Ward (that will eventually be black with a flame job and a chrome side pipe) with a 12 HP Briggs & Stratton motor until i get the Carb kit.
Dennis P. Craig I am buying a Wheel Horse 318 tractor ( I believe 318 is the right series) It has a 10hp Kohler motor The year is unknown. Any information anyone can provide me about relibality etc woul be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dennis Craig
Al I have a 656 Wheel Horse. I have a 10 hp Chore King Tacumsah on it. Had it for 6 years, also bought from an older gentleman. Starts 2 pulls. Plows like bear (original plow), pulls out shrubs, etc. Just repacked the bearings on the cutting deck (original deck), had a new steering wheel welded on... Thing is an iron beast :). Paid for itself MORE than a few times over.
R.Douglas I have a 1968 Raider6 spd. Wheelhorse. 3 forward
1 rev. with hi/lo. I need a complete uni-drive or
a complete differential assembly incl. axels
diameter is over 1 inch possibly 1 1/8 in.

Doug Can anyone tell me what the problem might be with my 416-8 Wheel Horse tractor? I hosed it off, which I don't normally do, and now when I go up a hill it just slows to a stop and won't climb. I don't hear any slipping noises and the motor doesn't sound any different but the power is not there. Is it simply a new belt it needs or an adjustment or?
dougct1973@aol.com

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: