#6 McCormick Deering Sickle Mower

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

#6 McCormick Deering Sickle Mower

Larry Bell Would like to have any information on the history, restorations, colors, etc. of a #6 McCormick Deering Sickle Mower. I have just purchased one of these mowers and would like to complete restore it. Any further information would also be helpful.
manny There is a manual u can get for the #6.
Manny

Larry Bell Where could I purchase the manual?
clyde I found a Mccormic cycle mower in a black berry bush it seems to be all there & in pretty good shape just wondering if its worth anything thanks clyde 360/482 3495 Wa. state
Russ Hulsey if anyone know has information on the original

colors, I would sure appreciate them passing on

the information as I have a #6 mower that I would

like to restore. Thanks for any help you can give

Richard I was wondering if you knew of anywhere I could purchase a sickle bar for a model #7 McCormick Deering mower?
Steve I bought a Big 6 Mower for 100 and it had no paint on to out side how ever when I was cleaning the dryed grease from the gear box I found red paint on the castings. Everything works but the ash wood pitman arm has rotted away.
Lee Heeren I am also interested in the correct colors for this mower and the years that it was produced.
Chris I would also be interested if some one found out the color scheme.

Thanks

Joel Hardy I just bought a McCormic Deering #7. It also is missing the cutter siskle? Would to find any info about these mowers
Jerry Rondorf Has anyone found a manual and the color scheme for the #6 mower? Let me know if you have. Thanks.
Anthony Cunningham I too would be interested in a manual or information pertaining to the #6 mower
Steve Erkenbrack I have a complete
Steve Erkenbrack I have an old McCormic sicle mower in my pasture. I am not sure what they are worth. I am located in Oklahoma, Minco. I will sell this unit. Make me an offer. The sicle is all there even the solid rubber tires. Thanks Steve 1-405-924-4870
Pete I am tring to restore a #6 Is there supposed to be a hole in the casting on the back of the mower which houses the big gear. Someone told me it was a drain hole so one could not overfill it with oil I would appreciate any information thanks
Larry Emory I have a McCormick Deering No. 7 mower in good condition with all parts in tact. I am looking for pictures or paint descriptions to get it painted to look like it did when it was new. Can anyone help in this venture?
FLOYD VAUGHAN I HAVE A HORSE MOWER THAT I RESTORED RED WITH YELLOW WHEELS NO NAME ON IT BUT VERY OLD WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MAKE AND MODEL IF ANY ONE CAN HELP. HAVE PICTURES
Kevin I am looking for parts for a McCormick Deering Sickle Mower #7....and ideas?
Ron Moore i am looking for a seat and the tongue for my number 6 M/D mower. also would like to know the original colors.
Don North Does anyone know where I can get the dogs in the drive wheels of a Big 6 sickle mower.
Gene Meye I am looking for parts for the #6. I am using the mower to mow fields and broke the Knife Head. Anyone know where I can find a replacement??
Ace.Sawyer Looking for a #6 McCormick Deering Sickle Mower.

Warren L. Backus I have a no. 7 and and a one row cultivater and i would like to paint them and so i need the colors
forrest lincicum I ? where one is sitting it is all there except for the seat. Would like to ? what one would go for in good working condition ?
John Dixon Has anyone seen a manual for a Deering giant mower w 5' bar
Kruser The university of Wisconsin has a huge database with a lot of McCormick Deering equipment including paint schemes and pictures. The earliest I have seen the No. 7 is 1931 and the No. 6 was around 1917. Lot of pictures. Everything was red except the wheels which were cream inside and a dark blue gray on the outside. The cutter bar was a blue as well.
rich riggin i have two complete # 6's...make me an offer on one...i'm keeping the other...rich
Bob
Re: #6 McCormick Deering Sickle Mower

I have a Big 6, which I date pre-WWI and the original colors on it are red with cream wheels. It is my understanding that they went red, white and blue (see Kruser's posting)during or shortly after WWI as a patriotic thing.

Ted I have a 6 and a 7 and just wanted to know how much they could be worth. any help is appreciated.
Amanda My father has a horse drawn mower that we are trying to find out the original color, the make and year. The only thing that I could find on it was No.6 and MB1435. If anyone could please help me I would GREATLY appreciate it!! Thanks!!
Gerry Have a McCormick No.6 sickle mower and was wondering if anyone can send pictures of the proper paint colours as well as some close up pics of this unit as so I know how to get it back looking the way is is suppose to as the hitch has rotted off as well as the pitman arm.Want to have it looking as authentic as I can because it was my Dads and want to restore it in rememberence of him.Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.///Gerry
Arthur i want to sell my No.7 everything is there except the metal seat make an offer.
FRANK CHENEY MIGHT TRY PIONEER EQUIPMENT THEY HAVE A SITE
FOR INFO ON 6 AND 7

dean barnes can you send me some pics of your no.7 mower that is for sale and where is it located? thanks
pat wilde I have a #7 McCormick mower and a man has asked me to sell it! I have no idea what it is worth, he uses one already but the one I have is in better shape. He has offered $200.00, but I feel like it might be worth more! Any suggestions??
Mike Ferrell I bought a McCormick Deering sickle mower, do not know which size and was wondering if I could haul it on the back of a long wheelbase truck.

Paul Hunt Hi. I have one of these. Not in good shape, been sitting outside for many years. Wheels will not turn. Has the sickle mower. Not sure what this part is called, but it is the wood 4x4 that extends from the tractor to the team, I belive. Has hardware attached to it. I am considering selling it, too heave to move. Any interest? SW Washington State. I will send photos If interested.
william hammond Ihave #7 Mc Cormick Deering Sickle in working order would like to know what it is worth.It has seat and never been left outside.
Mark The Paint Committee decision #34 on January 14, 1927 has the colors for the IHC #6 mower.
It can be found at the following:
http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/libraryarchives/ihc/paint/display.asp?pageurl=034_03.gif

The IHC Mowers Manual (MR-1) has the complete parts listings for the #4, #6, and #7 mowers.
The IHC Mowers Manual (MR-2) has the complete parts listings for the #9 and later mowers.
The mower manuals can be found on eBay from time to time for various $ amounts.

I hope this is what you're looking for.
Good Luck with your restoration.
Mark

Mark There's no date on the post so I hope I'm not that far behind on it.

The Paint Committee decision #34 on January 14, 1927 has the colors for the IHC #6 mower.
http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/libraryarchives/ihc/paint/display.asp?pageurl=034_03.gif

The IHC Mowers Manual (MR-1) has the complete parts listings for the #4, #6, and #7 mowers.
The IHC Mowers Manual (MR-2) has the complete parts listings for the #9 and later mowers.
There are also IHC Mowers MR-3, MR-4 and MR-5 manuals that I'm aware of.

Mark
11/18/2009

The Paint Committee decision #34 on January 14, 1927 has the colors for the IHC #6 mower.

Mark
11/18/2009

Mark
11/18/2009

Jeremy Bussell I have a complete #7 mccormick deering mower for sale, I also have an extra sickle with all blades attached for sale. $75 for the sickle and $200 for all of it. It needs a tounge and new paint. It is fully functional.
Jeremy Bussell I have a complete #7 mccormick deering mower for sale, I also have an extra sickle with all blades attached for sale. $75 for the sickle and $200 for all of it. It needs a tongue and new paint. It is fully functional.
robert I have a McCormick Deering No. 7 sickle mower and was wondering what it would be worth, needs restoring. Also have old iron wheeled hay rake, and iron wheeled cotton poisoner.
todd I have a McCormick Deering Sickle #7 that I am interested in selling. It is operational, everything original on, missing the seat, and two teeth on the mower. If interested please e-mail me at: and I will get back with you as soon as possible.
Stephanie Does anyone know where I can get a service manual for a McCormick Deering sickle mower?
Steve I have a Big 6 and the pitman drive-shaft bearing broke next to the big ring gear in the gear box. Does anyone know how that shaft come out of the casting? I would like to fix or replace the bearing\bushing. Don't have any drawing of the parts. Does any one have a parts layout?
Robert Just purchased a Big 6 Mccormick deering mower at an auction. paid 75.00. need to find a few parts.may have to make a new tounge any help would be great.
Dusty How do i find out when my no7 was made?????
Arne Hellstrom i have pulled a m-1435 no.6 McCormick sickle mower out of the woods i bilieve it is all there i believe it can be restored if interested. reply
Philip Stewart Reprint Manuals can be ordered for many mowers from
http://www.binderbooks.com/implement.htm#Mowers

James i am putting my grandpa No6 back togather for my senior project but i need the bearings they are oblong does any one know where i could find them thanks
Sonny I am restoring a the Little #4 not the New. I have a parts manual for the New but not the old and they are different as I have already restored the New. Any idea where I can get a copy of a parts manual?
Ken Qually I have a #8 mower and would like pictures and colors.I need the lift lever.and gear box. It seeme to be fairly complete
Kate I have a McCormick Deering Horse-drawn mower. I would like to know what it is worth, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or knew of anywhere I could search (websites, etc)?
joe kelley I have vintage hourse drawn mcc. D. Sickle mower for sale, good shape. 618 697 6731 is my cell num. Serious inquries call anytime
Rusty need gearbox parts for #7 mower.
please email me if you can help me find some.

hans hey there -- got a McCormick Deering single horse mower with a busted pit man arm... i have the steel end pieces but am wondering if some one knows how long the ash part of the pitman arm should be?? if any one has an info/experiance that would be great!!
thank you much.

rob I have a #6 im wanting to sell. Looks to be about 80% there. If interested let me know. I am located in ohio.
Michael Lalain I have a No. 6 McCormick M1435 Deering sickle mower for sale. Been in back field for years. Looks to be complete.
Cody-Alan Sonny ... any luck finding that manuel just purchased a no4 and would like one so i can restore
Randy
Have nephew with a IH McCormick New 4 side sickle that he wants to restore. Need parts list and anything else available.

Conn Geddes I am working on this mower and am short some pieces. Do you have a manual or pictures so I can make what I need?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: