Case 411B Brakes

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 411B Brakes

Tom LeStrange I am looking at a Case 411B to buy but it does not have (or has very little) brakes. What am I looking at as far as cost to rpair or rebuild them. How do the brakes on this tractor work? Are there disks or shoes inside the housings along both sides of the rear end?
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks,
Tom

DaleIN Tom, in each brake housing, there is an actuator (a pair of steel plates with balls inside ramped holes). When the linkage is pulled, the plates expand. On both sides of the actuator assembly are discs (Case p/n G13019, 4 used per tractor) with linings that spline onto your side gears. When the actuator expands, the discs are pressed against the housing and the side gear carrier, which slows the side gear, trans, and tractor. If the brake are weak but OK otherwise (no noise, locking up, etc), you might just need new brake discs.
I sell replacement parts for Case, but don't know of an aftermarket source for these...I assume Case still sells them. Maybe someone else can help.....Good luck

DaleIN Tom, forgot to add that these brakes are supposed to be dry. If the side gear seals are leaking, you might be able to replace the seals, clean the discs, and go...

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Antique Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: