SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF50 won't start

eric g I have little mechanical knowledge and was wondering if anyone can share some advice.I bought a 57 MF 50 to enjoy with my 18 year old son that was running 6 months year ago. Went to start it and it turns over nicely but won't start.Get spark on points with screwdriver with ign switch on. Replaced coil. Have 12 Volts at 15 on coil with ign on but no voltage when you push the starter button.Jumped across the wires on the back of the ign switch and still no voltage on 15 when starter button pushed, so I don't think it's the switch.Doesn 't seem to be any current coming out of coil to center of distributor.I'm no mechanic so any help would be greatly appreciated.

gregory illies if you have spark at the points, but doesn't go through the cap and wires, you may have a grounded out rotor.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: