SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

'47 Ford 8N Fuel in Oil

Jimmy I am looking at a 1947 Ford 8N tractor (Or the seller says it is a '47. Seller says he will take $1,000 and it seems to run good. The system has been converted from a 6 volt to a 12 volt system with alternator, The owner tells me that gas leaks into the oil after the enging is shut off and if the gas is not turned off on the valve. I am definately considering purchasing the tractor but know nothing about the mechanical issue of the tractor. Is this tractor worth the $1,000 and if so, what would be the cause of the gas in the oil? Thanks
Bob G First off if it is a 1947 then it would be a 2n not 8n. *ns came out in 1948. 2n would be athree speed trans and 8N a 4 speed trans.

The fuel problem would be an easy fix. the float in the carb is not shutting off the fuel as it should.

the price would be good if the tractor is in good shape.

Muleskinner Jimmy, Every 2N 9N 8N I ever heard off had or still has the same problem. It's the carberator float not shutting off the fuel supply when tractor is stopped.You can get a rebuild kit for the carb. that should help for a while until it does it again. I had an 52 8N and I just turned off the fuel valve even I just stopped engine for a couple of minutes.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: