SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Wheelhorse Tractor 10hp

David Conway Hello,
I don't know much about lawnmowers but I've been offered a 10hp Wheelhorse lawnmower for free. All I know is it likely needs a new battery and there might be a short somewhere. Is it worth the taking or will it be an expensive undertaking?
Sincerely,
Dave

bontai Joe I'd take it, the wheels are worth money if the rest is scrap, but typically, unless the engine is totally blown, these can be fixed up to at least run for less than a couple of hundred dollars. Does it come with a mower deck? Any other attachments? Do you know the model number? Because Wheelhorse made several different 10 HP tractors over the years.
David Conway bontai Joe,
I'll find out if it has a mower deck. What I have been told so far is the almost brand new battery didn't work one day.....so I bought a new one and that one didn't work....simultaneously
the fuses would blow out....so to me it sound like it's in the electrical system....the spark plug had lots of spark on testing .
Dave

bontai Joe I'm gonna guess mice under the motor's sheet metal have feasted on the wiring, which is time consuming to fix, but with patience, and a good multimeter can be sorted out for not much money. Well, if it's a Raider 10 from the 1970's? with a mower deck it's worth around $200, if it's a model 310 with a mower deck, it's worth around $400-600 depending on condition. Could also be a model A-10, B-10, C-100, C-101, C-105, Charger 10 and probably a dozen other 10 hp versions of tractor.
bontai Joe Did you get it? How are you making out?
rich4 bontai Joe, you seem to be very knowledgeable on small tractors, etc. Is this a hobby for you or are you a collector, or work for a dealer? Just curious. I learn a lot just by reading these various forums. I which I could be a collector but can't afford it right now.
Calahan We have a tractor that is in great condition with the snow blower and the mower deck AND the snow cab that still has the metal plate on it with all it's numbers. This blew snow last winter but we haven't use the mower lately. We are trying to find out what it is worth and if we should stop using it.

Thanks
Dave and Cindy

Please send an email and let me know where to get this information. This belonged to my uncle and it looks really really good.

GJC If it has a kill switch under the seat, for when you rise out of the seat the engine dies, you may want to check those wires for shorts as well.... SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE in just fixing an electrical issue concerning them...

Just a thought to keep in mind....

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: